Sunday, October 4, 2009

Intro to K9 Nosework Graduates!

Well, The very first session of "Intro to Nosework" has ended. We had two classes running back to back. The first class had six dogs and the second class had five. Out of eleven dogs, nine dogs graduated and are moving on to our "Intro to Odor" Class that starts on Oct. 18th. I am very pleased with the commitment of the handlers and I am always impressed with how quickly dogs learn when given the freedom and guidance to do so.
These first classes have really been a great experience for me as an instructor. The New Englanders that I've met through these classes are the best. I don't consider myself a "people person" but when dogs are the common denominator, I have no problem chatting for hours on end about dog related stuff. That's why I started Beyond The Leash!
Thank you all again for your support. I love what I do and am so fortunate to be able make a living doing it. These are lean times for all of us these days and I will continue to work hard to make your experience in K9 Nosework well worth the time and money. THE FUN IS JUST BEGINNING!